ComEd Reminds Residents to Practice Balloon Safety During Graduation
ComEd Reminds Residents to Practice Balloon Safety During Graduation Season
Foil Balloons released into the air may pose a critical risk to power lines.
FOLLOWING THESE HELPFUL TIPS WILL HELP TO ENSURE SAFETY:
• Keep balloons secured inside of homes or attached to weights if displaced outside
• Properly dispose of foil balloons by puncturing them to release helium and prevent escape
• Refrain from touching a power line to retrieve a balloon or any object entangled with electrical equipment
• Assume power lines are always live and keep a safe distance of at least 10 feet from active lines
• Call ComEd at 1-800-EDISON-1 (1-800-334-7661) for assistance
"Click" on attachment for additional information regarding "foil balloons" released into the air posing a risk to power lines. Flyers in English and Spanish.