Now Accepting Police Officer Applications
Village of Maywood, IL
C/O C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E.
Personnel Testing Service
Phone: (847) 310-2677
Starting Salary: $48,830.08
Sworn Officers: 54
Application Deadline: 7/13/2022
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Maywood is now
accepting applications for the position of: Entry Level Police Officer
Testing is being conducted for multiple immediate new hires and to establish an
Eligibility List for future hiring needs.
The mission of the Maywood Police Department is to improve the quality of life in the Village of Maywood by delivering professional and progressive law enforcement services in partnership with the community.
The Maywood Police Department delivers services to the Village of Maywood
through a multifaceted approach to resolve problems while maintaining a value
system centered around Mutual Respect, Integrity, Transparency, and Constitutional Equality.
Applications are available at:
Applications will be online for purchase until 7/13/22 – 2:00 PM
The deadline for returning completed application is Wednesday, July 13, 2022 by 4:00 PM
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
ATTN: Maywood PD
200 W. Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a US citizen.
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid driver's license at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by the last date for filing applications (7/13/22). Applicants must be under the age of 35 on 7/13/22 ( and when the final eligibility register is posted) unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10 – 2.1 1-6 which provides in part, that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a full-time police officer in a regularly constituted police department of any municipality.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement.
- Residence: Must reside within a 15-mile radius of the boundaries of Maywood within on (1) year of hire.
- P.O.W.E.R. card not needed to apply but all candidates must possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. card form a certified testing agency at the time of conditional offer.
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee. Applications are NOT available
at the Maywood Police Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation and test date.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination
Saturday, July 30, 2022
Registration starts at 8:30 AM
Orientation – 9:00 AM
Written Examination immediately following the Orientation
Maywood Park District
921 S. 9th Ave.
Maywood, IL 60153
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and
Police Commissioners of the Village of Maywood, which is an Equal Opportunity